Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Sorry for the delay; glue issues


Wanted to post an update and explanation of the delay in posting pics of the French IV Corps in formation. 

Unfortunately the glue I used earlier to glue the backpacks on several of the French line and light Hat French figures didn’t take.  I’ve had to strip off the backpacks, clean of the dried flaking glue, and reglue (this time with a hot glue gun; so they’re staying on now!).  I’m about 3/4ths of the way through this, so should be completed, and the IV Corps set up for pics by this weekend.

Im sure I’m not the first person to have issues with gluing model figures, but it is quit annoying given that I spent quit a lot of time the first time washing and gluing the figures and money on what I was told was decent glue (Loctite) for it to fail so completely (and messily).

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ideas for favorite unique figure poses

In reorganizing many of my various units some things this hobby come into focus.  My various units’ figures come a variety of different sets...