Sunday, July 25, 2021

French Light Revamp

Since reading the recent 2 books on tactics I have not been happy with the composition of my 13 French light infantry battalions.  I think I put them (particularly the battalions I intend to be able to skirmish)  together with too much of an Austria skirmishes formation/mix of figures influence (i.e. with only a portion skirmishing, and the rest in formal supporting reserves) which isn’t how the French deployed them usually.  

To reconsider/reconstruct these battalions I’ve bought 7 more sets of Hat Voltigeurs (126 figures in 6 poses). I plan to use them to try to build more reasonably accurate and balanced light battalions and regiments, as well as to better fit into their brigade & division formations.  I’m halfway through gluing on backpacks and will share pics when I have something worth showing.


Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ideas for favorite unique figure poses

In reorganizing many of my various units some things this hobby come into focus.  My various units’ figures come a variety of different sets...