Sunday, May 12, 2024

The die is cast (as it were)

 So the good news is that Hat is proceeding it’s production of their 1/32 Austrian German fusilier action and marching sets!  Now almost 14 years after the original masters were shown on their site, these figures will finally be available!  Truly great news.

https://hat.freeforums.net/thread/1143/1-32-napoleonic-austrians?page=2

The bad news is that unfortunately Hat was not able to have them produced with swappable hats, so these sets can’t be easily made into Grenadiers or Jagers or anything else without cutting off their heads and finding a suitable replacement; they will ONLY be produced as Austrian German fusiliers with helmets… PERIOD.



Still, they look good, and I very much look forward to buying a LOT of them to fill out my need for Austrian German fusiliers in helmets in my Wagram scenario.  

Since I have stand-in Hungarian fusiliers (BMC Mexicans painted white) for my scenario already, the biggest issue for me now is finding figures to make grenadier battalions.  I have about 5 battalions worth of Italeri grenadiers already, but that still leaves me 14 battalions short of what I need.

Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. Superbe nouvelle. Attendre 40 jours. Comment en acheter 20 boîtes.? Et sur quel site?

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day there will be a huge cache of italeri austrians found ..here in Uk they occasionally come up on eBay..usually don't sell ...price too high ...keep you pósted

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have purchased several sets of Italeri Austrians on EBay myself (some of them fairly inexpensively even). Hopefully the Hat sets will end that forever. Cheers

    ReplyDelete

The emperor’s cousins: Tirailleurs Corses

 The promised pics on my second new unit;  Tirailleurs Corses (AIP Napoleonic French in Brown). As mentioned her there is some uncertainty a...