Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Latest purchases & redone Saxon Lieb Grenadier Guarde







 Hi everyone; long time, no post.

But I have been making selective purchases most to;

1. Finish recomposition of some units (where figure sets are still available for purchase either retail like AIP French, or on EBay like Accurate 1776 British in white & cream for Saxons, and blue and green for Hessians)

2. Buy up dwindling available supply of Hat Napoleonic sets to build a few  Post-1808 Prussian and Russian units for my collection. Unfortunately (I assume because of supply chain issues) Much of Hat’s Napoleonic 1/32 range is sold out (including; French longcoat, Chasseurs, Carabiniers & Voltigeurs; Bavarians, Russians and now Prussians)

In the first category is the 2 sets of LOD british 1776 grenadiers purchased to finish my Saxon grenadier guarde batallion.

In the second is the 9 sets of Hat Prussian action/March/command I picked up from HobbyLinc.

Also bought a single set of Hat Prussian Landwehr command to use for Austrian Landwehr  units.

And finally I also got 2 packs of Americana AWI artillery.  While the price of these sets has risen to almost $9 (from about $5.50), they remain a fairly cheap way to add 4 decent guns/set.

Will post pictures of Prussian units when assembled.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ideas for favorite unique figure poses

In reorganizing many of my various units some things this hobby come into focus.  My various units’ figures come a variety of different sets...